A few days after the study visit of the DECISIVE project in Brussels, the second training seminar of the project was held in Cyprus. 150 volunteers, selected by Cypriot municipalities and organized citizen groups, were trained in drafting proposals for funding through the Europe for Citizens programme. The training session was held, on Tuesday, November 23 the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol. The opening of the training session was made by the Secretary General of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities, Mr. Yiannis Antoniades.
Initially, a general presentation on the actual situation of Town Twinning in Cyprus was given by Mrs. Kalia Martides, Twinning Officer of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities.
Following that, a presentation on the progress and a brief assessment of the DECISIVE project were given by Mr. Fanourios Pantelogiannis, Head of the Brussels Office of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities. Subsequently, Mr. Stylianos Odysseos, Teacher and Citizen of the Municipality of Lakatamia, presented the study visit in Brussels, in which he had participated.
Mrs. Anne Geens, officer of the Association of Municipalities of Flanders, spoke on the future of Town Twinning and the future of Europe for Citizens Programme
Then, Mr. Filip Deheegher, International Relations Officer of the Municipality of Ieper (Flanders – Belgium), presented the history and good practices of the Town Twinning committee of Ieper.
Mrs. Anna Michaelides, officer for Municipal Committees of the Municipality of Idalion (CY) presented the good practices of her Municipality and especially how it works with volunteer groups on twinning issues.
The floor was then handed over to by Mrs. Irene Demetriou, Project Manager of the Cypriot National Contact Point for the Europe for Citizens Programme, who spoke on the potential involvement of Cypriot Organizations in the Europe for Citizens Programme.
After a short break, a workshop took place, during which the municipalities’ officers, the elected representatives and the volunteers were trained with the use of computers, on the drafting and submitting of proposals for funding through the Europe for Citizens Programme.
- Case studies – 25/11/2010
- Possibilities for participation of Cypriot Stakeholders to the Europe for Citizens programme (Presentation by Mrs Irene Demetriou) (In Greek) – 25/11/2010
- Session programme – 25/11/2010
- The DECISIVE project: Study visit to Brussels (Presentation by Mr. Stylianos Odysseos) (In Greek) – 25/11/2010
- Town twinning in Cyprus, Past, present and future (Presentation by Mrs Kalia Martides) (In Greek) – 25/11/2010
- Town twinning in Flanders (Presentation by Mr. Filip Deheegher) – 25/11/2010
- Town twinning in Flanders (Presentation by Mrs Anne Geens) – 25/11/2010