NEW PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR THE UNION OF CYPRUS MUNICIPALITIES – 22/02/2007
The General Assembly of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities for the election of a new President and Executive Committee of our Association took place on February 22, 2007.
Mr Andreas Christou, Mayor of Limassol was unanimously elected as the new President of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities. Regarding the Executive Committee, which, according to our Statute has eleven members (including the President), the following members were elected by consensus for the municipal period 2007-2011:
1. Savvas Vergas – Mayor of Pafos
2. Athos Eleftheriou – Mayor of Lapithos
3. Savvas Eliofotou – Mayor of Strovolos
4. Loucas Iatrou – Mayor of Lakatamia
5. Eleni Loucaidou – Mun. Councillor of Nicosia
6. Eleni Mavrou – Mayor of Nicosia
7. Christos Messis – Mayor of Mesa Yitonia
8. Andreas Moiseos – Mayor of Larnaca
9. Charalambos Pittas – Mayor of Morphou
10. Kostakis Hadjikakou – Municipal Councillor of Famagusta
The new Executive Committee held its first meeting immediately after its election and elected Mr Christos Messis, Mayor of Mesa Yitonia (who held this rank during the previous municipal period) as its Vice-President.
During that first meeting, the Executive Committee decided to meet again soon a second time to define the main objectives and priorities of the Union of Cyprus Municipalities for the new municipal period.